Friday, July 19, 2013

Wenger: ‘Cesc wants another year at Barca’

3:10 AM Posted by Miyamoto Musashi , , No comments

Arsene Wenger says Arsenal do have a buyback clause, but Cesc Fabregas wants to stay at Barcelona for ‘another year’.


The 26-year-old was sold by the Gunners to the Catalans two years ago in an initial €29million deal (£25m), with it believed at the time that the English side retained a first option to buy the player back, should Barca ever decide to sell him.
Talk of that clause has resurfaced this summer amid continued speculation that Manchester United are interested in signing the midfielder.
Confirming that his team do have the clause in place and would consider activating it, Arsenal’s manager Wenger revealed his belief for Fabregas’ mindset.
“We have the clause in the contract so we would be on alert,” the Frenchman told The Daily Mail.
“At the moment, Fabregas has decided to stay one more year at Barcelona.
“Unless he has changed his mind, I don't know, but that's what I've been told.”

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Man City seal Negredo swoop, say Sevilla

5:27 AM Posted by Miyamoto Musashi , , , No comments

Sevilla have announced they have agreed to sell their Spain striker Alvaro Negredo to Manchester City pending a medical.


"It's now official," Sevilla said in a statement on their website.
"Alvaro Negredo is a new Manchester City player pending medical checks," the statement said, adding that the player would bid farewell to the club in a ceremony later on Wednesday at their Sanchez Pizjuan stadium.
Spanish media reported City would pay around 28 million euros ($37 million) for the 27-year-old Negredo, who will rejoin compatriot Jesus Navas, the Spain winger who sealed his move from Sevilla to Manchester last month.
Known as "the beast of Vallecas" after the Madrid neighbourhood where he was born, Negredo came through the youth ranks at local club Rayo Vallecano and then Real Madrid where he played a handful of games for the first team.
The powerfully-built forward was sold to newly-promoted Almeria in 2007, where he played for two seasons, before Real bought him back and then sold him on to Sevilla in 2009.
Strong in the air and armed with a thunderous left-foot shot, Negredo was the highest-scoring Spanish player in La Liga last season with 25 goals and netted six in six appearances in the King's Cup.
He has won 14 international caps, scoring six goals, and was a part of Spain's victorious Euro 2012 squad.
Including Negredo, Sevilla have now sold five players to England in the current transfer window: Navas, Luis Alberto to Liverpool, Antonio Luna to Aston Villa and Jose Campana to Crystal Palace.

Chelsea confirm Rooney bid, deny offering Mata or Luiz

5:25 AM Posted by Miyamoto Musashi , , No comments

Chelsea have admitted making a bid for Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, but deny offering Juan Mata or David Luiz in a swap with Jose Mourinho admitting the England striker is their only transfer target.


Swiftly after it emerged that United had turned down an offer for Rooney, the Blues issued a statement for clarity, in which they blame Manchester United for leaking the offer to the press while on their pre-season tour of Australia.
The reports on Wednesday morning indicated that either the Spaniard, the player of the season at Stamford Bridge for the last two years, or the Brazilian Luiz, were offered in addition to £10m.
"Chelsea Football Club can confirm that yesterday it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney," the statement read.
"Although the terms of that offer are confidential, for the avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is apparently being briefed to the press in Sydney, the proposed purchase does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United."
After the Blues' 1-0 friendly win over Singha All-Star XI, Mourinho was grilled about his pursuit of the England star in the ensuing press conference.
When asked if Chelsea were bidding for anyone else, Mourinho simply replied: "No."
And when he was then asked if it's 'Rooney or bust' for him this summer, the Portuguese coach's response was just as straightforward: "Yes."
Rooney’s future is uncertain after it emerged he was “angry and confused” at his recent treatment by United, following suggestions from David Moyes that he will play second fiddle to Robin van Persie next season.
On Tuesday, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said during the club's pre-season tour of Thailand that Rooney's problems at United would have wider implications for England.
"If Wayne is a second choice for Manchester United, then the national team will be affected," said Mourinho, who also admitted last week that Rooney was "a player I like."