Responsive Ads Here

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lindegaard merits his place



30/11/2012 22:30, Report by Gemma Thompson


Sir Alex Ferguson says Anders Lindegaard is currently earning the right to keep his place in goal after some solid displays between the posts for Manchester United.
The Reds' two senior goalkeeper had been rotated for the first couple of months of the season, before David De Gea enjoyed a solid run in the side from the start of October to mid-November. But after the Spaniard was afforded some time off to deal with a wisdom tooth problem, Lindegaard has grabbed his opportunity to be first choice with both hands. And Sir Alex appears to have no plans to change anything for the time being.
“I don't think Anders has done anything wrong since he came into the team. That’s what is keeping him in,” the manager told reporters on Friday. “They are both good goalkeepers. I have no issue with that. I am going with Anders at the moment because he has not let me down.
“It’s good that you’ve got two competing for a position - that applies to anywhere in the team.
“I am not happy to rotate all the time - I don't think that creates consistency. That’s why I kept Anders in on Wednesday [against West Ham]. I could easily have changed it again but as I said before he has done nothing wrong.
“David is fine. He is still young. He had that tooth infection and had to have two teeth out which meant his jaw was quite badly swollen. We gave him that time off. But Anders has come in and done well.
“It is one of those situations where there is no actual reason to leave Anders out in terms of form. Hopefully David understands that - there is no long term issue there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment