Saturday, March 4, 2017

Man Utd 1-1 Bournemouth: Ibra Disasters ...

4:57 PM Posted by Moto Musashi , No comments
Manchester United were left frustrated following a 1-1 draw with 10-man Bournemouth on Saturday afternoon in a game filled with controversy throughout.

There was drama throughout the game which saw a penalty scored, a missed penalty, a red card and a number of other questionable decisions. United took the lead with a Marcos Rojo goal before Joshua King levelled from the spot for the Cherries.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Tyrone Mings were lucky not to be sent off following horrific incidents at the end of the first half. Andrew Surman was shown a second yellow and left Bournemouth battling on with 10-men for the second half. 

Ibrahimovic was given the chance to grab a winner in the second half with a penalty but saw his effort saved by Artur Boruc.

A frantic start to the game nearly saw United nearly grab a goal in the opening minutes when an Antonio Valencia cross picked out an unmarked Wayne Rooney at the back post. Rooney appeared to have time but opted to take the chance first time, and headed over on to the roof of the Bournemouth net. ​

United continued to dominate with another clear opportunity only moments - a long ball by Luke Shaw saw Paul Pogba chasing down on the Bournemouth goal. But a decisive touch by Boruc managed to see the ball turn around the post.

The Cherries were presented with a great chance to nick a goal on the counter when Benik Afobe was played through one on one, only to lose his footing at the vital moment.

United's pressure finally paid off following Bournemouth's failed to effectively clear a corner. Valencia fizzed a low cross back in to the Bournemouth penalty area, and Rojo was on hand to react first as he turned the cross in to the bottom left corner of Boruc's goal.

Bournemouth managed to find themselves back in the game after being awarded a penalty when Phil Jones blatantly brought down Danny Pugh in the area. Joshua King stepped up to take the penalty for the Cherries and confidently blasted the ball in to the top corner past a helpless David De Gea.

The half ended in chaotic fashion which should have seen Ibrahimovic and Mings both sent off - before Surman was shown a red which seemed to be unfair considering the severity of the events which took place beforehand.

Replays showed that Mings produced a sickening stamp on Ibrahimovic's head, before the United striker took revenge moments later and appeared to elbow the Bournemouth player in the face following a corner. Surman was shown a second yellow for his protests but confusion led to referee Kevin Friend sending him off minutes later - initially forgetting that he had already booked the player.

United began the second half putting Bournemouth under intense pressure, attempting to take advantage of having the extra man. They were denied however, by a number of impressive saves from Boruc.

The Cherries continued to defend resolutely which led to Untied boss Jose Mourinho making a triple substitution in search of a winner - sending on Jesse Lingard, Marouane Fellani and Marcus Rashford. 

Only minutes after the change, Bournemouth conceded a penalty when Adam Smith was adjudged to handle the ball in the area from close range. Ibrahimovic took the penalty but was denied his 27th goal of the season as Boruc pulled off a fine save down to his right. United continued to search for a winner but were left feeling frustrated as Bournemouth held on to earn themsevles a point.

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment